Chaplain Services Mission: We recognize the place of the holy with regard to healing. Building on a tradition of care and compassion to all, we offer spiritual care to the interfaith community we serve.
Chaplains tend to the spiritual needs of our patients, their families, and our staff.
Members of our Chaplain Services staff are always available to assist you, regardless of your faith tradition or denomination. We have both Catholic and Protestant chaplains on staff who are specially trained in hospital ministry. And, of course, your priest, minister, rabbi, or any other spiritual adviser is always welcome to visit you here.
Our Spiritual Care Offerings
- Spiritual and emotional support during your stay
- Communication with your faith community and/or spiritual caregiver outside the hospital
- Regular religious services for patients, families, and staff in the Chapel
- Weekly Catholic mass led by a local priest
- Weekly interfaith worship service led by a hospital chaplain
- Days and times posted outside the chapel
- Sacraments available by request
- Consultation for patients and families facing difficult treatment choices. This includes referral to the hospital’s Bioethics Committee.
- Clinical Pastoral Education for local clergy and laypeople, taught by a certified supervisor with the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education.
Our Chapel doors are always open. Any time you need a place for quiet prayer or reflection during your visit, come by. Inside, you’ll find a notebook where you can write a prayer for a friend or loved one if you like.
The entrance is located in the lobby, just inside the main entrance to the hospital. Worship service days and times are posted outside the entrance.
Contact a Chaplain
There is a Chaplain available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To reach a Chaplain, dial the hospital operator at 706-596-4000 and ask to have the on-call Chaplain paged.