Emergency RoomCall 706.596.4000
2122 Manchester Expressway
Columbus, GA 31904
Open 24 hours
About the St. Francis Emergency Room
Serving the Greater Columbus, GA, Area
We believe emergency care should be readily available and provided by highly skilled clinicians. That is why our Emergency Room (ER) is staffed 24/7 by a care team that specializes in emergency care.
When you visit the St. Francis-Emory Healthcare Emergency Room, you can rest assured that your care team has the right combination of knowledge and compassion to provide the best care for you and your loved ones.
- 51,000+ patients served annually
- 45-bed unit that includes urgent care, behavioral health and critical care services
- More than 70+ years of quality service
Emergency Room Location
2122 Manchester Expressway
Columbus, GA 31904
For Emergency Questions/Concerns
Call 9-1-1 if you or a loved one is experiencing a medical emergency.Speak to the ER Care Team
Your Emergency Room Care Team
At St. Francis-Emory Healthcare, we believe good emergency care happens when experts from various specialties come together with different training backgrounds and perspectives. Our ER in Columbus, Ga., is staffed by providers who specialize in emergency care, and a wide range of other specialists are available on call.
The Emergency Room care team in Columbus, GA, is made up of experienced:
- Board-Certified Cardiologists
- Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- General Surgeons
What to Expect in Our ER
As a patient, you will be cared for by staff trained to respond to any type of medical emergency. We understand a visit to the ER can be a very stressful time; therefore, you should expect us to communicate with you and guide you through your situation. You should always ask questions if you do not understand.
Patients in the ER are treated according to the severity of their illnesses.
Patient Safety and Quality Care Come First
Our goal is to provide the best care available in the safest possible environment. To make that happen, we:
- Use well-lit rooms that are positioned so critical changes in a patient’s condition are easily assessed, which allows us to respond quickly
- Provide detailed monitoring of critically ill patients
- Offer point-of-care (bedside) lab testing, which makes the results of many common tests available in minutes, not hours
- Utilize a computerized system that keeps critical medications and supplies readily available
- Integrate a bedside registration process so treatment is not delayed
When to Go to the Emergency Room
Call 911 or head to the ER right away if you or a loved one have any of the following symptoms:
- Trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- Unable to move an arm or leg
- Loss of consciousness
- Possible broken bones
- Bleeding that won’t stop
- A change in mental state, such as confusion
- Serious burns
- Severe allergic reactions, such as severe swelling or trouble swallowing or breathing
- Stroke symptoms, which include sudden numbness or weakness (especially on one side of your body), confusion, and trouble speaking
Non-Life-Threatening Illnesses & Injuries
When you or a loved one has an injury or illness that isn’t life-threatening, it can be confusing to know whether it’s worth a visit to the ER. The following services can be received through your primary care physician.
- Care for mild illnesses
- Non-urgent medical concerns
- Ongoing care for chronic illness
- Physical exams
Expedited Heart Care
The staff at St. Francis-Emory Healthcare is specially equipped to provide quick care to patients who come to us with symptoms of a heart attack.
St. Francis has earned Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the American College of Cardiology and was named a Level 1 Emergency Cardiac Care Center by the Georgia Department of Public Health Office of EMS and Trauma for excellence in emergency heart care.
We provide a range of services for cardiac care for the Columbus, GA, area, including:
- Heart surgery, including coronary artery bypass surgery
- Valve replacement and/or repair
- Aortic aneurysm (or a balloon-like bulge in the aorta) repair
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI), which opens up narrowed blood vessels in the heart
Expedited Stroke Care
The ER at St. Francis-Emory Healthcare is also specially equipped to provide timely care to stroke patients. St. Francis has been recognized by the American Stroke Association for adhering to its highest standards of stroke care.
If you or a loved one show symptoms of a stroke, you will be met by a team specially trained in identifying and treating strokes.
Nationally Recognized ER Care – Right Here in Columbus, GA
Our goal is to provide convenient, high-quality care for you and your loved ones that is close to home. The national recognition we’ve earned demonstrates our staff’s commitment to providing excellent care. We’ve been recognized with:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Care certification from The Joint Commission
- Advanced Primary Stroke Care certification from The Joint Commission
- Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for the treatment of stroke patients
We appreciate you entrusting our Emergency Room with your health care needs in the Columbus, GA, region.