Otolaryngologists — also known as an Ear, Nose and Throat doctors — specialize in diagnosing and managing diseases of the ears, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, and throat, as well as structures of the neck and face. Surgical procedures performed by ENT physicians at St. Francis include:
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: cosmetic, functional, and reconstructive surgical treatment of abnormalities of the face and neck and ear.
- Head and Neck Surgery: cancerous and noncancerous tumors in the head and neck (nose/sinuses, mouth, throat, voice box and upper esophagus), including the thyroid and parathyroid.
- Laryngology: disorders of the throat, including voice and swallowing problems.
- Otology/Neurotology: diseases of the ear, including trauma (injury), infection, benign tumors, and nerve pathway disorders, which affect hearing and balance.
- Pediatric Otolaryngology: diseases in children with ear, tonsil and adenoid infections as well as special ENT problems including birth defects of the head and neck and developmental delays.
- Rhinology: disorders of the nose and sinuses.