ACGME 3 Year Internal Medicine Residency Program
Our mission at St. Francis-Emory Healthcare is to devote ourselves to community and people - patients, staff, and learners alike.
We are dedicated to high-quality healthcare, leadership, service, and professionalism. The St. Francis-Emory Healthcare Internal Medicine Residency Program educates and train residents in a variety of clinical settings to acquire invaluable opportunities dedicated to clinical experiences; from office-based medicine, to inpatient medical services and subspecialty care. We train physicians with the clinical acumen to practice and thrive professionally in all environments.
Honesty, integrity, compassion, and excellence are of utmost importance to St. Francis-Emory Healthcare and the city of Columbus. Our training program provides the mentorship necessary for our residents to prepare for, achieve, and exceed their professional goals.
We envision making communities healthier by:
- Training our physicians to promote health and wellness, disease prevention, and evidenced-based medical care
- Our physicians engaging in civic, social, and charitable organizations to improve health outcomes and decrease health disparities for the benefit of all people
- Committing to incorporate Collaborative Care into our comprehensive primary health care services, strategic goals, and our partnership with community resources
St Francis-Emory Healthcare IM Residency Promotes Resident Wellness With:
- Strict adherence to ACGME guidelines on work hours and resident caps
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to provide therapy as necessary
- Emotional support and guidance from our PD, Faculty, Program Coordinators and mentors
- Pet Therapy