Volunteers-The Heart of the Hospital
At St. Francis-Emory Healthcare, our volunteers are the Heart of the Hospital. Their caring and generous spirit makes a difference for our patients, visitors, and employees every day. We are looking for passionate and caring people to join our Volunteer Services team. Whether you are retired and want to give back to the community or have a few hours to spare and a desire to help others, each volunteer provides a service that enhances the patient and family experience.
As a volunteer at St. Francis-Emory Healthcare, you can participate in a range of services within the hospital.
Depending on your availability and interests, you may consider volunteering in areas of the hospital such as:
- Greeting and providing information to patients and visitors at the information desk.
- Providing directions and escorting patients and/or visitors to their destination.
- Assisting patients/visitors in the waiting areas.
- Selling snacks and spreading cheer while pushing the Cheer Cart.
- Reducing stress and bringing smiles through our PAWSitive Pals program (must be pet therapy certified).
- Assisting in the gift shop.
- Assisting with special events and fundraisers.
- Playing a musical instrument to provide a relaxing, therapeutic environment.
Volunteer options and interests will be discussed during the interview process.
We Want You!
When you volunteer, you will:
- Be part of a team working towards a common purpose
- Gain personal satisfaction in supporting and helping others
- Receive recognition for service award hours
- Expand your social opportunities
Volunteers fulfill a unique role and bring a level of enthusiasm and service that truly benefits the hospital, patients, and staff.
For more information, contact:
Tricia Jeffcoat - 706.596.4253
Adult Volunteer Program
*Must be 18 or older and intend to volunteer for a period of 6 months or longer*
- Potential volunteers must complete the application process, to include a background check and drug screen.
- Volunteers are required to have flu and COVID vaccinations.
- Volunteers should be able to commit to at least one 4 hour shift per month.
- Volunteers will receive a complete hospital and service area orientation once accepted .
To learn more about volunteering at St. Francis, call (706) 596-4253.